Chicago Sprinkler Repair & Installation is a business division of licensed technicians operated by Daniel Lizama. We are your reliable source for irrigation system repairs, maintenance, upgrades, and installations.
SPRINKLER REPAIR IN CHICAGO, IL
CHICAGO SPRINKLER REPAIR
Sprinkler systems are an easy and efficient way to keep a lawn looking green and healthy. They take the guesswork out of manually watering grass, plants, and flowers. An efficient equipment will also save you money by reducing water bills. With sophisticated sensors and timers, modern irrigation systems can work with natural rainfall to ensure greenery receives the ideal amount of water.
Any irrigation system, no matter where or how it is installed, will require some level of maintenance. To prevent a system from falling into disrepair, owners are advised to perform monthly check-ups. That means examining all the sprinkler heads or rotors and looking for clogs, kinks, or weak spray streams.
You should always hire a licensed technician to handle the repairs of an irrigation system. The number and variety of sprinkler heads, nozzles, sensors, and valves is high, but technicians are specifically trained to account for the complexities of each system.
COMMON SIGNS OF FAULTY SPRINKLERS
While repairs often require professional help, owners can monitor their sprinkler systems to identify problems or signs of malfunction. Here are some of the most common issues owners notice.
Patchy Lawn – A lawn with inconsistent growth or color can be caused by poor soil, bad fertilizer, or insufficient grass seed. Excluding that, you are probably looking at overlapping or uneven irrigation zones.
Unresponsive Controller – An inoperable system can be traced to the controller. A technician needs to check if the terminals are attached, the fuse is not blown, and the wiring is not damaged.
System Leaks – In case an external component is leaking due to wear and tear, you will need to replace it. Underground leaks are tougher to detect, but a clear sign of them is an expensive water bill.
Pressure Imbalances – Usually, water pressure inconsistencies are cause by a galvanized underground pipe or a faulty pressure regulator. Both will reduce the range of the irrigation nozzles.
IRRIGATION SYSTEM REPAIR PROCESS
01. Assessment – Before the problem can be diagnosed and repaired, one of our licensed technicians must visit the property to assess the irrigation system. This involves performing a thorough inspection on the controller, valves, pipelines, and sprinkler heads.
02. Estimate – Once the problem is discovered, we will provide you an estimate to fix the equipment. The quote will include the cost of labor, as well as the parts needed to make the repairs; it may also include optional add-ons or extra features selected during the assessment.
03. Repair – Restoring the functionality of an irrigation system should only take a day, but it depends on the scope and nature of the job. Once complete, we will charge you a total that matches our initial estimate.
04. Maintenance – Like most irrigation companies, we also offer preventive maintenance plans to protect your investment from future malfunctions. If needed, our technicians are available to periodically service your unit with tune-ups, winterizations, reactivations, and backflow testing.
SPRINKLER MAINTENANCE TIPS
Preserving an automatic sprinkler system in optimal condition guarantees years of efficient landscape irrigation. This can save you from excessive water bills or expensive equipment disrepairs associated with a lack of maintenance. If you are a DIY property owner, then implement the following upkeep tasks to prolong the utility of your irrigation unit:
- Adjust the pressure and watering patterns to avoid irrigation runoff, which is prohibited in most States.
- Regularly wash the nozzles and screen filters to unclog sputtering sprinkler heads.
- Extract all debris found within the distribution lines and threaded risers by flushing the unit.
- Perform routine inspection and search for leaking external parts or broken underground pipes.
- Before the winter season, drain the water that is inside the equipment with an air compressor.
- Schedule annual system audits, spring reactivations, and fall sprinkler tune-ups.
- Ask a licensed technician to evaluate the backflow preventer connected to the potable water supply.
IRRIGATION SYSTEM UPGRADE
There is a lot that can be done to improve the performance and efficiency of your irrigation system. We offer a full suite of sprinkler heads, controllers, and sensors that promise to make lawn care a carefree experience. Here are some of these upgrades:
Efficient Nozzles – Many modern spray nozzles can minimize runoff, erosion, and water consumption. With reduced flow rates and fixed streams, these nozzles can cut through wind without misting.
Smart Controller – Mobile technology allows you to control or monitor your sprinkler systems from a phone or tablet. Adjust the sprinkler timer, set automatic weather adjustments, and control each irrigation zone with a simple app.
Weather Sensors – Sophisticated sensors can be added to most sprinkler systems. This allows the equipment to monitor rainfall, soil moisture, wind activity, and temperatures. Then, it adjusts the watering schedule according to current weather conditions.
CALL OUR LICENSED TECHNICIANS
When it comes to the well-being of your lawn, the grass really is greener when you water it. Why let a broken-down system get in your way? Take advantage of our highly rated sprinkler service. Our affordable repairs will provide you with an efficient irrigation system to keep your lawn in tiptop shape!
We are a local business serving all of Chicago and its surrounding areas. With our trained technicians, you get to enjoy an exceptional irrigation service that will keep any landscape alive.